Sunday, October 21, 2012

Fast sweeping

Still working on the FLIP solver.
The fast sweeping algorithm is significant for FLIP solver, in generating levelset data and extending velocity field.

Based on Hongkai Zhao's paper I implemented the fast sweeping algorithm for the FLIP solver.
However proving part for the paper was using 2d example. So I extended the proving part to 3D, and here's the scanned image of the proving(also the pseudo code for the core part is included).
Compared to the implementation I did during the summer, the current one would be more abstract because of I'm using the result of my own proving directly. As a result of which, the operation would be faster, because the number of comparison and numerical calculation are minimized.

As I always says, math and physics are real science compared to computer science. In my biased personal opinion, a huge difference between science and engineering is: science is continuous and engineering is discretized.

Thanks math and physics for always providing guidance for everything.
I really enjoy this kind of life, surrounded by science. Maybe I should go for a physics phd later. Seriously I'm not kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment