Friday, August 3, 2012

Cube sample

The most important thing today is I finished the cube sampling part.

Usually a cube is consist of 6 discontinuous surfaces, which is hard for constructing level set field. Actually I've done several experiments to create level set from discrete meshes like a triangle mesh, but the I failed all the time because I don't know how to deal with the discontinuity.

This time I'm using a trick to avoid the discontinuity. By using spherical surface on the corner and cylindrical surface on the edge, I could create correct level set data for a "soft" cube.

This is important because in most cases, the scene is just a box, and I need this cube sample to do construct all the solid particles.

Now everything new has pretty much be finished. The only thing left is to assemble all the parts together. Yet SigGraph is approaching, so I might not have enough time to finish this project. Anyway I'll try my best.


Here's a image of cube sample. The test scene for me would be a large spherical water drop falling in a cube. Or maybe a water cube falling in a sphere. I'm so excited it's almost done!

No comments:

Post a Comment